Thursday, June 14, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to - Through My Lens.  I have no idea where this will go, but I've been thinking about creating a blog for some time and today just seemed like the day to begin.  So, here goes!

Sam Hummelstein in Addison Texas at the Texas School of Professional Photographers, photo credit - Tim Rand, digital enhancement by Sam Hummelstein
Photo by Tim Rand
I decided on the name "Through My Lens" for obvious reasons.  If you know me, you know I often have a camera around my neck and enjoy photography's many aspects.  I'm a geek so anything that deals with technology is just down right fun for me.  Photography also gives me pleasure when I see someone relate to something I've done - either a beautiful photograph right out of the camera or an enhanced image from my digital darkroom.

I admire the work of some well known and not so well known photographers.  I get a great deal of inspiration from them so you will probably see me highlighting other photographers' work in my posts.

Topics other than photography may appear from time to time.  The "lens" metaphor will serve as a guide for choosing topics I find interesting. 

Finally, you may have noticed the URL of my blog begins with "f16iso100". Photographers will recognize this but may still wonder why I chose this for my blog.  More on that next...

Thanks for "looking in".

No comments:

Post a Comment